Ziauddin Journal of Pharmaceutical Research is a bi-annual, peer reviewed journal publishing original research articles, reviews, short communications, scientific commentaries, hypotheses and letters to the editor in the field of pharmaceutical sciences. The goal of this journal is to provide a platform to health care professional all over the world to share, and discuss current issues and developments in field of pharmaceutical sciences.
The articles should be written in clear English, either American or British, but not a combination of these two. The use of spell and grammar check offered in the word processing software is highly recommended.
Original Research Article:
- Manuscripts should be prepared using Microsoft Word, size A4 with 2.5 cm margins on all sides, 12 pt Times new Roman font and 1.5 line spacing. It should not exceed 16 A4 pages numbered sequentially.
- The article must be divided into following sections:
- Title page: It should include the title of the manuscript, name(s) of the authors along with their affiliations, and e-mail of the corresponding author.
- Structured Abstract: It should cover objective, methods, results and conclusion of the study. A list of 3-5 key words (separated by semi-colon) must follow the abstract. Word limit of abstract is 200-250 words. All abbreviations must be spelled out fully when first mentioned in the abstract or body of the report. Citation(s) should be avoided in the abstract.
- Introduction: It should provide necessary and up-to-date information regarding the background of the study. The aim of the study should also be clearly stated at the end of this section.
- Materials and Methods: It should describe a clear and detailed plan of study along with statistical method(s) and materials used in the study. The provision of information regarding ethical approval and identification of substances used in the study is highly recommended.
- Results: The use of graphs (high resolution) and tables is encouraged in writing the results. Statistical significance should also be provided, wherever applicable.
- Discussion: The results should be discussed in a way how the work has advanced the existing body of knowledge. The comparison with the available literature, future direction(s) as well as limitation(s) of the study should also be outlined. The conclusion of the study should be placed in the separate paragraph in the end of this section.
- Acknowledgment: Any technical or financial support or editorial contributions towards the study should appear in this section.
The review article cover topics of current and broad interest to the readership of the journal and provide important new insights based on critical and comprehensive literature synthesis. In this regard, The Editor-in-Chief is pleased to consider inquiries from authors or may contact authors to solicit a review. The review article should not exceed 25 pages (A4, formatted as specified above).
The novel preliminary findings can be submitted as short communication. It should not exceed 1500 words of text plus an abstract of 100 words, 10 references and 2 figures and/or tables.
Commentary regarding article published in ZJPR shall only be considered for publication. The author(s) of the commented article are given the opportunity to reply to the comment. Both comments and replies will be peer-reviewed and published in the same issue upon acceptance. Comments and replies should be concise and normally not exceed one printed page.
Hypotheses should present an untested original hypothesis backed up solely by a survey of previously published results. The article should not present any new data. Hypotheses should be short articles (should not exceed 1500 words and 10 references) outlining significant progress in thinking that is testable.
Letters to the Editor:
A letter to the Editor is a brief report that is within the journal’s scope and of particular interest to the pharmaceutical community, but not suitable as a standard research article. It should not exceed 1000 words and 5 references. No figures and tables allowed.
The references should be formatted as per Harvard style. The use of reference management software (Endnote) is mandatory.
Corresponding author is required to submit the names of at least three reviewers along with their complete contact information. At least, one of these reviewers should be from technically advance country as per HEC.
Authors are expected to ensure that the principles of research integrity are preserved in the submitted work. The scientific and ethical responsibility of the manuscript belongs to the author(s), while the copyright have its place with the Journal. All manuscripts submitted for publication must be accompanied by the duly signed Undertaking, thereby declaring the responsible conduct of research regarding plagiarism, authorship and duplication of publication.
Anti-Plagiarism Policy: Manuscripts submitted shall be evaluated for plagiarism. In case of similarity index more than 18%, the manuscript shall be returned for modification/revision.
The manuscript as well as undertaking shall only be submitted through online submission system available at the journal’s website. Hard copies or direct email to Editor-in-Chief shall not be entertained. The inquiries regarding review articles can be sent to: [email protected].