Doctor of Physical Therapy
ZCPT offers high quality teaching and innovative facilities of study. ZCPT has strong reputation nationally and internationally. Globally, the course of Physical therapy has been upgraded from four years program to five years. In 2010. Ziauddin College of Physical Therapy has also upgraded its graduate program into a five years Doctor of Physical Therapy and at present more than 340students are in the process of graduation.
Ziauddin College of Physical Therapy has also launched a two years PPDPT (Post Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy) program in 2011-2012 for those professionals who are four year graduates and desire to upgrade their degree above 56 students are in process of elevation of the degree. Executive ABPT (Accelerated Bachelor of PhysicalTherapy) is one year program which will begin in 2013-2014, is another achievement at Ziauddin College of Physical Therapy.
Objectives of the Program
Upon successful completion of Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, graduates are expected to be able to:
- Integrate and apply the physical therapy professional knowledge.
- Be self-directed learners, competent clinical decision makers, team players and independent practitioners.
- Prevent and reduce the incidence and severity of impairment, functional limitation and disability.
- Provide high-quality and cost-effective diagnostic and treatment-based services.
- Understand critically evaluate and apply scientific research.
- Respond sensitively to the diverse healthcare needs of patients, caregivers, colleagues and community members by demonstrating high levels of competence, accountability, ethical standards and moral behavior.
- Contribute in the evolution of the profession, with emphasis on the promotion of health and wellness in the community.
These objectives are to be accomplished through:
- An innovative curriculum designed to permit continual integration.
- A strong content foundation in the physical, clinical and behavioral sciences.
- Problem based and Case Based Learning experiences integrating scientific knowledge with clinical expertise.
- An emphasis on critical thinking, clinical decision making, analysis and evidence based practice.
- An educational environment designed to promote learning.
- A sequence of simulated and actual clinical experiences across the curriculum.
1. Basic Health Sciences
- Manual Techniques
- Movement Sciences
2. Clinical Sciences
- Medical Conditioning
- Radiology and Imaging
- Surgical Condition
- Emergency Procedures
3. Physical Rehabilitation Sciences
- Physical Agents Electrotherapy
- Musculo-Skeletal Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Integumentary Rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Women Health
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
4. Social Sciences and Research
- Human Growth and Development
- Research Methodology
- Ethics and Administration
- Research Project
Both national and international qualified teaching faculty is involved in following of teaching to promote better understanding:
- Skill based labs
- Clinical Practice (Supervised/Independent)
Students of DPT of Ziauddin College of Physical Therapy have an exclusive advantage to be a part of an organization with large set up of tertiary care hospitals. The clinical training provides a better chance of learning and practicing the skills in the field hence, prepare future therapist to play an important role in the improvement of healthcare quality in society. Students of 3rd, 4th and 5th professionals complete their clinical training in physical therapy at all three campuses of Dr. Ziauddin Hospital. In addition, Ziauddin College of Physical Therapy (ZCPT) started their clinical collaboration with other major healthcare institutions like Down University of Health Sciences (DUHS), Al-Umeed Rehabilitation Center(AURA), Rabia Moon Rehabilitation Institution.
Physical Therapy Internship
This is one year internship program for selected students at Ziauddin College of Physical Therapy with the aim to provide clinical experience in different specialties of physical therapy under experience supervisors. At the end of this program, certificates are awarded to those graduates who successfully complete the internship program.